SAFARI TENT TERMS & CONDITIONS
It is our aim to make your visit to our farm a beautiful experience that you will treasure for many years and wish to repeat time and again. We ask that you read and accept the following terms and conditions which must be complied with by all persons visiting Watercress Lodges and Campsite as a guest. These enable us maintain our standards, to assist in proper management and ensure your safety as well as establishing a clear legal contract for cancellation, damage and exceptional circumstance.
Safari tents are available from 3.00pm on day of arrival and must be left in a clean and tidy condition not later than 10.00am on day of departure
On departure all tents are to be left clean and tidy. All rubbish is to be disposed of responsibly in the bins/recycling bins and any breakages reported to us. BBQs and log burners must be left clean and emptied of charcoal/soot.
When you make a booking and payment an email letter confirming the dates and times of your holiday will be sent to you. Booking and payment is considered the establishment of a legal contract.
Booking requires an advance deposit payable upon booking of 25% of the total cost for Safari Tents and the balance must be paid 30 days in advance of arrival.
- You are strictly prohibited from entering the Ropley Station area after 4.30pm unless using the bridge to cross for Station Hill.
- You are prohibited from drying clothes within 2 metres of the Wood Burning Stove and there must be no direct contact.
- The Wood Burning Stove must be closed down before you leave.
- Any special event tickets must be pre-purchased before you enter the station area or purchased from the ticket office asap.
- STRICTLY NO CHEMICAL WASTE IS ALLOWED ON SITE.
- There are four drinking water points equally spaced along the road side of the campsite.
- Halogen heaters and lamps are prohibited at all times.
- Generators and air conditioners are prohibited.
- BBQs are permitted but please make sure your food is cooked and the BBQ is completely extinguished after use.
- Open fires and burning of wood on BBQs are strictly prohibited.
- A strict 5mph speed limit operates on the site at all times. Care should be taken when leaving the site onto the lane and gaining access onto the main highway.
- Please do not use washing lines or hang anything over the trees, bushes or fences.
- Only service guide dogs allowed on site and in any campsite buildings.
- No parties permitted on site.
- Think of others regarding noise at all times and keep to a minimum between 10.00pm and 9.00am so as not to disturb fellow campers.
- Respect other camper’s privacy.
- Please do not tip used oil or boiling water onto the grass and keep hot pans/kettles raised as these can scorch the grass.
- Chinese lanterns and fireworks on campsite and surrounding areas are prohibited.
- No vehicles or cycles of any sort to be driven/ridden around for amusement.
- No excess use of water i.e. washing of vehicles or paddling pools etc.
- Visitors not permitted, nor is there parking for visitors and you may be asked to leave.
Health and Safety
- Dustbins and recycling bins are in the area to the left of the shower block. Please use these for all recyclable materials to help our environment.
- Please put all non-recycling rubbish in plastic bags with the tops tied, into the bins. Do not leave any bags beside the bins, as the local wildlife will empty them during the night. Also please avoid leaving sharp objects or broken glass where they could become a hazard.
- Watercress Campsite and the surrounding county lanes have no lighting whatsoever; it is advisable to bring a good torch.
- Once on site please make yourselves aware of the nearest fire point which is next to the shower block.
- We have an abundance of wildlife in the area and often have sheep and lambs in the adjoining field. Pregnant women should avoid any contact with sheep and lambs and may wish to seek advice before booking.
- As soon as you know you need to cancel, call the manager on 07803 728754 and confirm your cancellation in writing or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. The cancellation can only be accepted by the person who made the reservation. Cancellation charges will apply and will be calculated as follows from the date your written instructions are received. All refunds will be subject to an administration fee of £20.
- Length of time Cancellation charge: 30 days or more £10. Within 7 days 100%
Cancellation by us
Extreme Conditions: Watercress Lodges and Campsite reserves the right to cancel a holiday in light of extreme conditions of: weather, terrorism or war. In any of these very unlikely circumstances your full payment will be returned to you.
Emergency Contingency: Watercress Lodges and Campsite reserves the right to cancel a holiday at short notice if for unforeseeable circumstances we are unable to provide safe accommodation due to extreme conditions, ill health, fire or administration or any other extenuating circumstance. Under such unlikely circumstances your full payment will be returned. Watercress Lodges and Campsite cannot accept liability or responsibility for any loss, including consequential loss caused by cancellation.
Breakages and Damage
If on your arrival you find any items or fittings, utensils, crockery or cutlery is broken, damaged or missing, please report it to us and it will be replaced. We do accept a degree of wear and tear but should any significant damage or breakage occur during the period of your stay you may be held responsible for and must make good to the lowest market value. We reserve the right to charge for excessive cleaning where a Safari tent or Festy tent has been left in an unacceptable condition, through waste, litter, interference in the structure, movement of furniture and contents etc.
The farm is a wonderful place for children to play but parents or guardians are responsible for them at all times. Please always use a fire guard (provided) on the wood burning stove and do not leave them alone around the BBQ. Children must not play unsupervised anywhere on the farm or at the Railway. Watercress Lodges and Campsite accepts no responsibility for injury incurred on site.
Dogs are not allowed to stay on our campsite.
Bring appropriate footwear. Watercress Lodges and Campsite accepts no responsibility for injury incurred on site.
Peace and Tranquillity
Anyone committing a nuisance or disturbing the peace of Watercress Lodges and Campsite will be asked to leave immediately and without a refund. No loud music is permitted.
Safari Tents can accommodate a maximum of four people and one cot.
Guests will be held responsible for any fire, damage or alteration to the structure caused by negligence.
Watercress Lodges and Campsite cannot be held responsible for any lost or stolen property.
No Smoking Policy
All Safari Tents have a strict No Smoking Policy. Anyone who smokes outside of the tents is responsible for disposing of their cigarette butts in a bin and must not litter the surrounding area.
Parents are responsible for the supervision of their children on site at all times.
No Fire Policy
Fires are restricted strictly to the wood burning stoves and BBQ fires only.
Safari Tent Structure
It is prohibited to interfere with or adapt the structure of the Safari Tents in any way.
Unlike many luxury camping companies we don’t turn away adult groups. However, we need to make it clear that we are primarily a family campsite and are only able to accommodate groups who want to enjoy our quiet rural location with outdoor activities and relaxed evenings chatting around a fire. If you like jaunting off to town and returning late into the night, then we are probably not for you.
We’ve had lots of really lovely groups of adults of all ages staying with us. If your group fits in with our ethos then Watercress Lodges and Campsite should be a great place to stay and for you and your friends to enjoy.
What We Provide For Safari Tents:
- Bedding duvet and pillows
- Travel cot if requested
- Tea towels
- Hot water bottles (use at own risk)
- Cooking equipment
- Water container
- One basket of logs and a bag of kindling, matches, fire lighters (more logs can be purchased from reception)
What You Need To Bring For Safari Tent
- Spare batteries
- Hat in case of a cold night
- Slippers as the floors are wooden and you may wish to leave shoes by the door
- First aid kit
- Extra bedding if required
- BBQ coal etc.
Safari Tents are liable for supplements as below
Supplements Per Day
- Extra car £5.75
- Pop up tents £9.15
- Awnings £4.00
- Utility tents £4.30
Many thanks for booking with us at Watercress Lodges and we really hope you enjoyed your stay.
Please follow us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/WatercressLodges or on Twitter @WcressLodges. We would love you to come back and tell your friends and family about us.